June 2023 -
- We have achieved our Platinum Award from the Woodland Trust.
- The whole school celebrated Environmental Week by completeing a range of activities in class and ended the week with a celebration assembly.
- We submitted our Green Flag application.
- We shared our Eco-Code with the whole school and staff.
- We submitted our final module for the Plastic Free Schools Expansion Pack 1.
May 2023 -
- Year 4 wrote and sent a letter to send to Greggs, the baker, to persuade them to stop packaging their bread in single use plastic bags.
- We have completed objective 4 of Plastic Free Schools 'Protest'. One more stage to go before we complete the expansion pack award.
- The Green Influencers have finished spending the first grant of £460. They have bought a range of seeds, cloches, herbs, fleece, wellington boots and blueberry trees for the orchard.
- The Green Influencers have submitted their second bid to hopefully gain even more funding to improve our outdoor area. Fingers crossed it's successful!
- The Eco Committee are starting a new campaign to further reduce single use plastics within school - Keep an eye on this bulletin board to find out what we tackle next...
- The Green Influencers completed another litter pick within the school grounds. It's lovely to finally see a reduction in the amount of litter around our school.
April 2023 -
- We sent our 'Glitter Protest' to Ms Dube
- The Eco-Committee have started to plan and prepare for World Environment Week in June.
- Objective 3 of the Plastic Free School Expansion Pack 1 is almost complete.
- Level 4 of the Plastic Free Schools award is now complete and we are ready to start the final section.
March 2023 -
- We are taking part in Keep Britain Tidy, 'Big School Clean' by completing regular litter picks in and around our school grounds.
- We have successfully completed Objective 2: Trash Mob! of the Plastic Free School Expansion Pack 1.
- Our mission to ban glitter is underway!
February 2023 -
- The 'Green Influencers Club' have been working hard to generate ideas to improve our school grounds. We have recently submitted a bid to secure over £450 worth of funding to carry out some of their ideas. Fingers-crossed it's successful!
January 2023 -
We are so proud to have achieved the gold award status! We are going to continue our journey with the Woodland Trust, along with 13,000 other schools, to help the environment and go on to earning the prestigious platinum award.
- The Green Tree Schools Award encourages outdoor learning and inspires our children about trees, woods and wildlife.
- So far we have earned points for planting a range of trees within our grounds, reduced CO2 emissions, learned about tree planting in other countries, took part in tree dressing, created collages using macro photography within our forest area, explored the woodland from different viewpoints and set up a recycling system within school.
The Eco-Warriors have been working hard to complete the audit to become a Plastic Clever School. They used a range of information such as stationary order forms, information from the school kitchen and discussions with class teachers.
The children will then use the information to look for ways to reduce the single use plastics used within school.
The Eco-committee are working hard completing a school audit to start working towards our Green Flag Award. They're attending regular, weekly meetings and interviewing staff and children to find the answers to some important topics.
In recent weeks, the Eco-committee have arranged to take part in World Environment Week in June. They are organising a non-uniform day, a book swap, an assembly and activities in classes.
As part of the Woodland Trust Platinum award, Year 6 spent the afternoon being photographers, taking images of our school forest. They used a range of techniques to capture some interesting shots and then spent time editing and applying special effects before producing some amazing collages.